Friday, May 10, 2013

Amazing Dogs by Nikyla


        I ran up the stairs. Suddenly I felt droplets of water fall down my face. Why does he have to suffer? Why does this happen to me? I finally get close to him and he’s soon to be gone? Maybe I’m just bad luck. Maybe he’s suffering because of me... I walk slowly toward my dog, as he was struggling to get up and greet me. He failed, his efforts were pointless. Every time I came home, Max and my other dog Kaydi used to greet me with hugs and kisses. But today was different. Today was just starting and would soon end another precious life that I called mine. I lost my grandfather two months before, and now him? Well, I’m getting ahead of myself. My mother knew he was suffering, so without telling my brother and I she dropped us off at my Aunts and left with Max. Soon to return without him in the car. I knew what happened... I understand she didn’t want him to suffer.
       I have never seen my dad cry until that day, Max was my fathers pride and joy. Months after his passing, Kaydi was like a zombie. She lost her best friend that she loved and adored... Neither would she wouldn’t eat much or drink. They loved eachother more than we would ever know. Soon, after months of weeping, we couldn’t take it anymore. We decided to look for a dog. My parents found a puppy named Lucas that they wanted so we went to get him that day. While trying to get home, our truck broke down in a place with no phone signal. Besides the point, Kaydi and our family was happy again.
Little did we know that almost a year later we would have a huge surprise in our lives. Which I was very excited to hear that Kaydi was going to have baby puppies! Ten puppies were born on the Fourth of July. That year, my best friend Shroomy Waddles was born. We had two black, one brown, five black and white, and two brown and white. My dad saved two of their lives, when they were born dead. Unfortunately 6 months later, one of them died by getting run over by a truck. I know good things can come out of bad, but I have learned that all you have to do is stick in there.
Shroomy and Max are a lot alike. They both; are black and white. They’re so cuddly and sweet, all you want to do is squeeze them and not let them go. They have big heads, which I think of it as more to love. Max was very Gentle, so is Shroomy. The first things you notice about them is that had big brown sparkly eyes and soft fur. They are both really playful, Max used to play with Kaydi all the time. He used to jump around with his tongue sticking out with a big smile on his face. Shroomy does the same but when he runs he does this gallop. I am writing this because they are both amazing dogs.
These dogs are also very different; Shroomy has head seizures often, and we have no idea why. Max was fine until he had a tumor on his spinal chord, he was completely parallelized neck down. Shroomy is the biggest food hound I will ever meet in my life, but Max was not really a big food hound. Max had different markings than Shroomy, Max didn’t have any designs in his fur. Shroomy does, he has a pig shape, and a mushroom shape. I bet I could find a hundred different shapes in his fur.
    They have shaped me into a good and loving person. Without them I don’t know how I’d be today. I probably wouldn’t have the need to help animals if it wasn’t for them. I may have a rough exterior, but inside I’m more loving. You’d know that if you really knew me.They will always be in my heart for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. I just cried my eyes out Nikyla. That was great. Don't worry. Max is in a better place now.
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete