Wednesday, May 8, 2013

∞Forever Young∞

       Remember when we were young and everything was so beautiful? Do you also remember when you were young, you wanted to grow up? Nobody actually wants to grow up, we just want the freedom to use our youth. As a child, I would dream the wildest things that I would do as I got older. I never thought those dreams were true, but as Walt Disney used to say, “If you can dream it, you can do it.”

       I have a couple of similarities from when I was a child to now. I do have the same interests. Ever since I was 2, I’ve been going to Speedway 95 to support my god dad, Dj Moody. He races #34 in Late Model. I’ve always wanted to follow in his foot steps and start racing my own race car. The youngest racer is in the class “bomber” and is 12 or 13 years old. I wanted to start racing when I got my license like some of the other racers. I’ve always wanted to start In “bomber” and make my way up to the big boys, which is Late Model. That’s how Dj started, he started out as Bomber, then to sportsman. He stuck with sportsman until this year. This year is his 1st year in Late Model. He never went to Street stalk. I think I would skip it too. I also am still interested in Art. I’ve always liked to draw, paint, sketch, you name it.

       I may have some similarities, but I’m definitely not the same person I used to be. Ever since I moved, I changed. I understand that some of you disagree, but Its true. My personality when I was little was girly, sporty, colorful, shy, happy and hyper. Now I’m having a difficult time with depression, I’m not has happy as I used to be, I don’t play any sports and Sometimes I wear dark clothes. I’m out there and not afraid of talking to people I don’t know. I also have a different taste in clothes and music. When I was little I wore bright colorful clothes from Justice and Walmart. Now I get clothes from Hot Topic, Delias, Kohl’s, and T.J. Maxx. My mood has definitely changed.  I used to be happy all the time.  That isn’t the case anymore.  I admit, I am happy back in Hancock, but I am not so happy with my past.  I have depression issues and now I take pills for it. 

        I know it may seem I’ve been talking a lot about myself.  But it’s easier for me to express it in my writing then face to face with no words to support.  I wrote my essay about the changes I’ve been going through because there has been a lot of changes in my life the past couple of months.  I am strong or at least I used to be.  I’m beautiful or at least that’s what I see.  I am confident, or at least I act like I am.  People change for two reasons.  They have learned a lot or they’ve been hurt too many times.  I am still the same person I was, or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment