Friday, April 6, 2012

Joey's World

Joey's World - By: Brian

“Whoooooa, now that was a close one.” I slammed the door behind me, twisted the lock, and dashed upstairs to my room. I looked out the window and John and his gang were still outside waiting for me to come out. They should know by now after 4 years I will never go outside and be their punching bag. Besides they just run away when my parents get home by 3:30 anyways and it is 3:05 when I get home after my daily run thanks to John. The worst thing about it is that they pick on me cause I am tiny, smart, and just don’t fit in. I can’t take the bus or they will just go on that and that would just be suicide, and the bus driver doesn’t pay attention and probably just doesn’t care.
My life has been kind of tough over the past couple years with obviously John, my parents have been arguing since my dad has been drinking more than often, and to top it off I can’t even talk to girls especially Delilah. So thats my life right now and wait I forgot to tell you my name, sorry, that was kind of rude, but I am Joey Frenski. Just to give you a visual of myself I am 13 years old, a whooping 4’11 95 pounds, have brown eyes, and light brown hair. For my personality is I would have to say I am super shy, smart but don’t pay attention in school, don’t care what people think about me, and just not a social person. I think you should know my best friend is Danny Cornwell. I call him Duke cause he loves Duke Blue Devils for their sports. Now one more thing is that I have a watch that is my very lucky watch. It is my lucky watch because one day when I got chased by John and his friends I was wearing that watch and escaped them for the very first time. I have always worn it since and never been caught by them after school ever again. Anyways that is a little about me and this is my world.
“EHHH! EHHH! EHHH!” the alarm sounded as I felt like chucking it across the room from that everlasting sound stuck in my head. I got up snoozed the alarm and felt sad as another day of school was to come before me. So I showered, devoured breakfast, and brushed my teeth. I was so tired from watching Netflix all night so I looked like a zombie roaming the house. I just about flipped out when I saw someone on the couch because my parents are usually at work by now. It was only my dad sleeping on the couch so no worries. He didn’t look to well though so he might have stayed home from work. Worse, he could have got kicked out of the room again from mom and hasn’t waken up yet.
I stood outside waiting for the bus to come and get me, and John doesn’t go on the morning bus, thank God. I kicked a rock for time to pass by and felt that I was missing something, but what the heck I’m to tired to care. I saw the bus and was preparing for another...crazy day. When I got on the bus there was Delilah looking beautiful as ever. I just couldn’t get my eyes off her...and then I tripped in the aisle. Everybody started laughing except Delilah cause she is different than other people but I’m pretty much used to people laughing at me. Then right when a I sat down I realized something horrific. I didn’t have my watch on.
“No, no, no this can’t be happening.” I sighed desperately.
I already started the day off bad and it can only get worse without my watch. I just couldn’t get my mind off all the bad things that might happen while I was thinking on the bus. Especially if John decides he wants to chase me today. When I got off the bus the first person I saw was John and I tried to keep my distance. Obviously he doesn’t cause he came right up to me and pushed me right in the chest which knocked the breath out of me.
“Ready for some running today Joe. I see your not wearing your stupid watch, maybe your luck has just run out.” John whispered in my ear.
I stood there silent as he walked away with my heart feeling as if it was going to explode. I snapped out of it and went into the school. I couldn’t get what John said to me out of my head but I watch can’t protect me I will be just fine, I think. I went into homeroom and got my stuff ready for first period and went to social studies. I took my seat and saw “POP QUIZ” written on the white board. I turned to Duke with a lot of nervousness.
“Dude we have a quiz today! I am totally not ready for this. I think I am going to bomb it.” I said frantically.
“Yeah me too, I hate social studies.” Duke replied.
The teacher handed us the quizzes and told us to get started. I tipped my head back and sighed deeply. For about the whole class I was staring at the clock and somehow I finished right in time. I was just not having a good day and could not focus at all. In math I lost my vocabulary notes, in science I couldn’t even read without stuttering, and then in E.L.A. I deleted my whole story by accident. I just couldn’t do anything right today and couldn’t wait for school to get over.
When school sounded I took off like a olympic runner in a race to the exit. Unfortunately John saw me running like a wild man. Then he took off in a blink of an eye. I shoved the exit doors out of my way not letting them slow me down. When I got to the end of the road I had to take a quick breather but saw John right behind me. I knew he wanted me real bad this time and I didn’t think that I would get much farther. Then a light bulb turned on in my head.
I turned the corner like I was still running hard but I hid around the corner and got my gatorade out and opened it. I heard his footsteps coming down hard so right when he turned the corner I doused him right in the eyes with my gatorade and then socked him one right in the face. Right after that I felt like flash I was running so fast to my house. When I got to my house John was nowhere in sight so I that was a relief. I went upstairs to my room when I saw John coming down the road looking like he was in awful pain. I hollered to him to see if he was ok. He just dropped down to the ground. I took off downstairs and went outside.
“John! John! Are you alright!” I yelled.
“I can’t see come help me up!” John yelled angrily.
I went over there right when I helped him up he punched me in the stomach and pushed me down. I charged right at him and took a swing but he dodged it and tripped me.
“Now your really gonna pay, and no one is here to stop me.”
He picked me up and when he was just in mid swing a rock cam flying and hit his head. I was so surprised to see who I saw was there.
“Stop John, and just go home.” Delilah hollered.
John took off sprinting to his house holding his head and moaning in pain.
“Thanks, I didn’t know what I was going to do, and you got a arm.” I said.
“No problem, and yeah I got the best arm on our softball team. You know John’s a jerk don’t let him get you down, and if you want to dodge him after school I guess you could come hang out with me.”
“Yeah I would like that a lot, thank you.” I replied.
She went back to her house which is right down the road and couldn’t be any happier. I just couldn’t wait for tomorrow after school and the next day and the next day and the next day. I called Duke and told him how I was going to be hanging out with Delilah for now on after school. If I can say so myself I think he was pretty jealous.
Time was flying by hanging out with Delilah and I really felt like I meant something I guess. We really started being good friends and people started accepting me a little more. There was still some people that were not very fond of me, which you should know was John and his friends. After about a couple weeks of me getting more popular John came up to me in front of everyone even Delilah at the park after school.
“Hey, so you think your a big shot now huh? Well lets see who the bigger man is then.”
“John, this isn’t about fighting so leave me alone and I’ll do what I do and you can do what you do.”
“Just like the old Joey backing down and scared. Your not going to get out of this one, Joey.”
“I’m not scared but I’m not going to waste my time on a pathetic person as yourself, now bye.”
I walked away standing up tall not caring what John said because I know I am the bigger man. It didn’t go to well with him though. The next thing I know I was in bad pain in the back of the right knee, and on the ground. I looked up to see John who was just staring at me. Then “Boom!” he was right out of my sight when Duke tackled him into the ground. Next I saw John’s friends get Duke up and shoved him to the ground. That’s when I lost it bad. I got up and got Jack and Michael (John’s friends) off Duke and shoved them to the ground.
“There you go Joey now you ready?” John said anxiously.
“Don’t do it Joey he’s not worth it.” Delilah said.
I was trying to blank everyone out and focused on John. I charged and took a swing at him but he dodged it. He took a swing at me I stepped back and then lunged forward at him and got him to the ground. I got a couple of good punches on him. He shoved me off him and took a good hard swing at my face. His fist hit me right in the side of the head and I dropped.
“I knew you were weak, Joey. Don’t even get up, that would be the wise choice.”
I think I started to black out but I wasn’t ready to quit now. I was a little shaky getting back up but I did.
“Wrong choice.” John said
He charged right at me and took another swing but I dodged this one and took another but I stepped back. He was getting frustrated and I just kept dodging and dodging. I so him huffing and puffing and I knew what to do. Right after his next swing I ducked and swiped him off his feet with my kick to his right leg. He was knocked out of breath. I gave him a good kick to the side of the stomach and he was done. He rolled over on his stomach and just laid there. Everyone was silent, then there was clapping and cheering. I was so tired and Delilah walked me home
The next day when I was at school I saw John. He was acting normal and everyone was looking at me like I was really somebody. I felt like a superstar and I liked it. Then I saw John and he did something I never would of imagined in billion years. He gave me a respectful nod. That made my school year and I knew I was finally somebody that means something.

1 comment:

  1. That was very good, I love what you did with the story!!!!

    ReplyDelete