Friday, April 6, 2012

Narrartive Wiritng- The Moments that make a Memory

We all have those times, the times when you laugh so hard you think you might pee yourself and sometimes actually do. The times when you laugh so hard your stomach feels like John Ceina just used it as a punching bag, but it’s a good kind of pain. And the times when you laugh so hard your eyes flood with tears, happy tears, and stream down your face. In my life this happens all the time. I swear that if a camera man followed me around all day and broadcasted to the world what he filmed, my friends and I would become famous, I know that for a fact. And here’s just one example of why I think that.
It was a regular day in Hancock, Maine. Slightly overcast, crows on the side of the road pecking at a dead animal, dew on the grass, smell of pine, people just waking up. Me on the other hand, I was on a bus to school with all my other classmates, some looking out the window, some listening to music and some (myself), talking and gossiping as girls normally do. I have this one friend though, named Lindsey, and once you meet her she’s hard to ignore. She’s blonde, average height, has perfect teeth but not the smartest tool in the shed, if you know what I mean. My friends and I constantly play pranks on her and hide her stuff, just good natured kind of jokes. Like empty her gatorade bottles, or hide her math book so the teacher yells at her, oh and write fake love letters to guys and sign her name at the bottom, even give her lunch away to other kids at our school. They do seem mean, but she knows that it’s just our way of saying we love her, cause we really do. We also believe that she might have a speech impediment because she can’t say breakfast right or caramel frappe, cinnamon or funeral, and sometimes she even says Netflix wrong. Anyways, she was on the bus with me and so were some of my other pals, like Scarlett, Kaley and Joshua. And yes, of course, we were fooling around, trying to make Lindsey believe she was in a dream however she didn’t exactly believe us. We kept saying, “Lindsey! You have to wake up, you’re gunna be late for school!” And she would say, “No, I’m not in a dream, you guys are just being stupid and trying to trick me like always.”
We replied back, “We’re being serious right now, you have to slap yourself on the face to wake up, that’s the only way. If you don’t you’ll be late to school and your mom is going to be so mad.”
She paused for a second, looked at us and picked up her hand and slapped herself across the face. We all exchanged looks and couldn’t believe she actually did it, but we did all we could to hold in our laughs and smiles. After she slapped herself she said doubtfully, “It didn’t work, maybe I should try it again.” And with that Joshua buts in and shouts, “Lindsey, you’re just doing it wrong, you have to really mean it! Use those muscles of your’s like this.” And then he slaps himself and Lindsey goes, “Oh.” And does the same,but this time harder. It was one of the most hilarious moments of my life. Scarlett, Kaley and I couldn’t fake it anymore and just cracked up laughing. The healthy, loud, laugh when you almost can’t breath and choke on the air that you manage to inhale. In the meantime, Lindsey is just looking around acting like, ‘what is going on here?’ She looks dumbfounded and completely clueless that we have been joking around with her, which makes it even more funny. These are the times that I love though, the times when friends make your day so much better. I love the moments in life that make a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment